Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The J. Crew Bowery Pant in Urban Slim Fit

I, too, am a very big advocate of picture online shopping.  I feel much better about ordering something online when I have first seen it advertised on a model.  The Ralph Lauren and Rugby sites are great for this; J. Press not so much.  But these pictures, like all pictures, can be misleading.  And nowhere are they more misleading, I believe, than the J. Crew Bowery Pant (in the Urban Slim Fit).  This truly is an excellent pant at an exceptionally low price.  It is a dress pant.  It feels and looks like a professional pant, and it fits perfectly.  The leg opening and width of the pant are neither too skinny nor too wide.  And the break, for me, is perfect.  I couldn't even have my own tailor duplicate these results.  I do hope J. Crew continues experimenting with this pant.  I own nearly every color in the Bowery cotton twill and the Bowery cord (both in the urban slim fit).  I would like to see other pant styles introduced in the Bowery series such as, for example, an embroidered pant, an embroidered cord pant, a bright cord pant, a madras pant, a linen pant, and a tweed wool pant.  I can promise you now that I would patronize each variation ardently.  I have not yet had the privilege of wearing $400 pants, but at $70 these pants are simply perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment